The Marketplace seller review extension is an exclusive add-on provided with the marketplace to accommodate reviews about the products and features. These reviews are allowed by the admin on the portal to rate products and services of the sellers. The Magento Marketplace sellers can be reviewed by the customers after they have bought a product or service from the seller. This helps to educate other customers for future purchases and also inculcates efficiency amongst the sellers. The highlight is that even the marketplace sellers can view their reviews and use them to improve themselves. An email will be received by the customer, seller and admin on the reviews posted.
Highlights of the add-ons are:
- Enables Customers to give reviews to Marketplace Sellers.
- Allows customers to give review only if they have purchased a product from that seller.
- Admin can review and allow the review to be displayed.
- The seller can view the reviews on his dashboard.
Compatibility & Requirements:
- The extension is compatible with Magento Version 1.7 x, 1.8.x & 1.9.x.
- The extension is compatible with default Magento Theme, for any custom theme, the extension might require design fixes.
- The Extension supports Simple and Configurable Product Types of Magento.
- This module may require Ion Cube loader.The server should have the ionCube loader installed. If it is not available or not installed, you can request your hosting provider to install this version of ion cube loader available at http://www.ioncube.com/loader_installation.php
- Download the package and unzip magento marketplace.zip file and you can find marketplace extension.zip and read me en.pdf.
- After login to the website, go to system >>Magento Connect>> Magento Connect Manager.
- After selecting the patch click the choose File option which you can see in the Direct Package File Upload in option number2.
- Then upload the module from your computer(the zip archive of marketplace extension.zip) and click the Upload option.
- After successful upload of the marketplace extension.zip click refresh or check for Upgrades.
- Then logout from the admin panel and again login into the admin panel.
Note: Before installing the pack,
- Take a complete backup of your site and products.
- Disable and clear Magento Cache. Perform Magento indexing.
- Install the Extension, perform Magento indexing again.
- Contact email@example.com, provide your domain name. They will provide you the license key for your domain. This key is to be pasted under MB- Marketplace >> Configuration>> General>> and save the configuration
- To use this module you must have installed first Modulebazaar's Magento Marketplace Extension
To add link for reviews in seller panel Go to ,
/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/marketplace/seller/account.phtml and then on below line 31 in account.phtml file add this code
<li id='seller_shipping_setting' class="seller_shipping_setting"><a href="<?php echo Mage::getUrl('rating/rating/sellerreview');?>"><?php echo $this- >__('Reviews') ?></a></li>
(Note: add this full code in a single line)