Magento with Twilio SMS notification extension allows the product owners to connect with the customers in an interactive manner by updating them about happenings time to time. Twilio SMS notification when integrated with Magento in an online store enables the product owner to inform the customers about the present status of products. With Twilio, SMSs can be sent to customers to notify them regarding product availability status, order status, shipment status and the status of any
particular request which needs to be processed. Customers are also encouraged to return for more by offering gift coupons and discounts on specific purchase which is made. The details of such discountsand coupons are also provided through the Twilio SMS notification. This option to SMS customers is a great way to communicate and better comprehend the actual pulse of the customers and make changes accordingly.
The SMS will be sent using Twilio gateway.
The message can be configured in the admin panel for
- An order placed.
- Order invoice
- Order shipment
- Order cancellation
- Registration success
- Forgot Password Request
- Customer Edit Account
- Customer Newsletter Subscription
- Customer Newsletter Unsubscribe
- Customer review for a product
- Customer tag for a product
- Review Approval
- Tag Approval
- Customer change password
- Coupon Generation (For selected group of customers)
- Product goes out of stock ( All group of customers)
- Product is in stock ( Customers who added that particular product in wish list)
- The messages can be enabled or disabled
- SMS activities can be logged
- Number of characters per message can be specified
- SMS Sender Number can be specified.
Compatibility & Requirement:
- This module has been tested and works perfectly with Magento Community 1.7.x, 1.8.x and 1.9.x.
- Ion Cube loader is mandatory for this module.The server should have the ionCube loader installed. If it is not available or not installed, you can request your hosting provider to install this version of ion cube loader available at http://www.ioncube.com/loader_installation.php
- Download the package and unzip the .zip file and you can find twilio extension.zip and read me en.pdf ( USer Manual)
- After login to the website, go to system >>Magento Connect>> Magento Connect Manager.
- After selecting the patch click the choose File option which you can see in the Direct Package File Upload in option number2.
- Then upload the module from your computer(the zip archive of mtwilio extension.zip) and click the Upload option.
- After successful upload of the extension.zip click refresh or check for Upgrades.
- Then logout from the admin panel and again login into the admin panel.