PrestaShop re CAPTCHA Module
The basic need of the CAPTCHA system is to prevent automated or SPAM entries to the website by computer programs such as crawlers, bots and other spam software etc., Captcha module uses the Google's reCaptcha facility to be integrated into the forms in Prestashop software. By using this Captcha Module, we can avoid spam form submissions. It is supported in Prestashop forms such as Contact us,Send to Friend and Account registration.
- Captcha Module uses the Google`s reCaptcha feature to avoid SPAM entries in form submissions
- Captcha module also supports audio test that allows visually disabled people to pass the Captcha test.
- Flexible administrative configuration panel.
- Administrator can configure the list of forms where they need CAPTCHA field such as Contact form, Send to Friend form and Registration form.
- Administrator can also configure the module to hide CAPTCHA field if the user is logged in.
- The module supports the extending of Send to Friend overridden so no need to use it as separate module.
- Administrator can select the theme of the CAPTCHA field from the available four themes of Google reCaptcha.
Write Your Own Review
- The Prestashop eCommerce Version 1.4.0 and above is required for this module to work.
- Google reCaptcha account has to be signed up and the Public and Private keys are required and can be availed at:http://recaptcha.net/api/getkey (or)http://www.google.com/recaptcha/whyrecaptcha and you will get 2 Keys, Private Key and Public Key.
Installation and Configuration:
- You can install the module through Module install feature in Administrator end
- After login to the website, Go to Admin ->Modules ->Click `Add a module from my computer`
- Then upload `Module file` from your computer (the zip archive of egrCaptcha.zip) and Click `Upload this module`
- Then search for `egrCaptcha` in the module listing page and install `egrCaptcha` (it will appear under Admin Modules Front Office Features install `egrCaptcha`
- Alternatively you can install manually, unzip the downloaded module archive file.
- Copy the folder "egrCaptcha" from the path "YOUR_PrestaShop_ROOT/MODULE" and paste to
the related path in your PrestaShop folder.
- Go to Admin section, select the egrCaptcha module and install `egrCaptcha`.
- After successful install, you have to configure the module settings.
- In configuration, enter your two keys got from Google reCaptcha (Public and Private Keys).
- And then select the list of forms which you want to display CAPTCHA validation.
- Save settings, go live and now you can avoid automated forms submission.